Gripple Ltd are a Made in Yorkshire Bronze Member
One particularly damp day in 1985, a
wire-salesman and budding entrepreneur named Hugh Facey found himself
on a wet hillside in Wales discussing the woes of fencing with a frustrated
farmer. Aggravated by cumbersome ways of joining fence wires by bending and
knotting, he bemoaned the lack of alternatives. Hugh listening intently
convinced he could think up a better way of connecting two pieces of wire
together. The seeds had been planted, and the idea for the Gripple fastener was
We provide a wide range of products for the fast suspension of cable containment, pipework, radiant panels and chilled beams. Our products are engineered with simplicity in-mind, ensuring you make significant savings in time and labour on your install.
The Pipe Bracket & Twist Clamp System is revolutionising pipework installs, delivering a universal pipework suspension solution, tool-free attachment and adjustment, as well as helping to simplify the Take-Off process.
Whether you’re suspending cable basket, ladder, tray or secondary support, ourHangfast and Trapeze ranges are two of a number of choices, installed on sites across the globe, which ensure an efficient solution for suspending electrical services. Available in a variety of sizes and delivered as bespoke kits with ready-cut lengths of wire and a wide range of pre-swaged end fixings to suit all substrates, we cater the solution to your installation needs, eliminating the need for additional preparation and ensuring your install runs smoothly.
Gripple lighting suspension kits deliver complete solutions for all lighting applications. Offering a sleek, professional and discreet finish without compromising on strength, the beauty of the system is in the ease and efficiency of installation.
Supplied in ready-to-use kits with your choice of end fixing and wire rope length, we provide a complete off-site solution, catered to the needs of your project. Whether you’re suspending panel, strip or high bay lighting, we have a range of products to suit all lighting applications.
The Angel Hanger is designed for architectural lighting suspensions where aesthetics are important and offers simple one-handed adjustment and a range of feet options to accommodate many types of luminaires.
The Knockout is designed for strip lighting suspensions and simply slots into knockout centres, without the need for tools or removing the back of the fixture. Like all our products, it comes with a 5:1 safety factor, ensuring piece of mind alongside sleek, contemporary design to complement modern lighting fixtures.
Gripple Seismic Bracing systems are specifically designed and engineered to brace and secure suspended non-structural equipment (VAV boxes, fans, unit heaters, small in-line pumps, etc.) and components (HVAC duct, conduit/cable tray, and piping) within a building or structure to minimize damage from an earthquake or seismic event.
Four sizes of Gripple Seismic cable bracing kits are available, each with their own Load and Resistance Factor Designs (LRFD). The Seismic bracing kits come with a selection of pre-stretched Gripple Seismic cable, available in 10ft, 15ft and 20ft lengths, pre-attached end fittings, and standard or retrofit brackets.
As part of the engineering service, Gripple ensure that the bracing meets the seismic design requirements of the nonstructural components, in regards to weight loads of the types of connection.
The Creative Hub Driving Product Design & Improvement at Gripple
Based in our dynamic
offices at Hawke Street in Sheffield, our in-house 10-strong Ideas &
Innovation team, works to bring ideas to reality in a world class innovation
With an extensive engineering workshop featuring CAD and rapid prototyping capabilities, the team are fully equipped to explore ideas and problems encountered on site. Working closely with our Sales and Marketing teams, we strive to consistently deliver complete solutions to our customers.
Innovation has been the beating heart of Gripple since its beginnings in 1988. We aim to deliver 25% of our turnover every year from products less than four years old, and as such there’s a culture engrained in us to constantly search for new ways of doing things and better ways to serve our customers.
The key to our success is undoubtedly the collaborative work we do with our customers; you are at the heart of everything we do and we love to solve your problems. We also love to listen and as such, always encourage you to come to us. Maybe you have a problem; maybe you think there’s a better way of doing something. The I&I team can rationalise problems and develop solutions. This is what we love to do.
Our products undergo rigorous quality checks at every stage of manufacture to ensure what we deliver to the customer is consistently of the highest quality. We measure ourselves every day to ensure we maintain the exceptional standards we set.
· Provide them the tools (training, coaching and equipment) required to do the relevant tasks with the minimum of fuss
· Empower and encourage Gripple people to question the current methods and identify - better ways of doing things and make controlled changes with ease
· Keep people informed of our goals and how collectively we can achieve them
· Do everything to the best of our ability with pride
· Work closely and openly to build long-term relationships
· Provide customers with products which meet if not exceed their expectations
· Should there be an issue, always respond in a prompt, thorough and respectful manner
· Work closely to build long-term relationships
· Share skills, practises and resources to improve, ensuring we get the best quality of product or service available
· Work together in a transparent manner to learn from previous mistakes and to prevent it happening again
· Suppliers will be required to spend time at Gripple to understand what we do and how we rely on them providing us with the best possible parts, on time
· Keep to a minimum; provide the rules needed to allow solution led innovation
· Learn from previous mistakes and introduce effective measure to prevent reoccurrence
· Use the Quality system and the associated measures to monitor progress and identify areas for improvement
· Use the system to continually identify and improve all areas of the business
· Build checks within the processes to ensure we can only ever make good products